BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Heavenly Humor

How you ever noticed that God has a sense of humor? Not a mean, antagonistic sense by any means. Neither is it strictly funny. He has his own sense of humor and I dare say He, at least, finds it hilarious.

A few months ago, I was reading Proverbs 31 and asking to God to show me what kind of young woman He desires me to be. This verse is one the really stood out on the page.

Proverbs 31:25 NLT
She is clothed with strength and dignity,
and she laughs without fear of the future.


I've never really been one to laugh at the things ahead of me. I'm usually more likely to hide from them until my family kindly but firmly forces me to act. So the idea of me laughing without fear of the future almost sounds absurd.

I prayed the verse over my life anyway and waited to see where God would lead. He knows how I am striving to trust my life into His exceedingly capable hands.

Lately, God is doing things in my life that I didn't ask for or expect, but they are undoubtedly good for me. I find myself talking to Him during the day and saying things like "Of course, you would want me to do that." and "Look here, I don't really find your sense of humor all that funny."

Our Heavenly Father's sense of humor often involves us doing things we wouldn't be particularly inclined to do on our own. I feel the words of His own dear son accurately describe how I generally feel towards what God asks me to do.

Matthew 26:41
The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.


I can just imagine how He grins as I jiggle the door handle on a door I wish would open. How He must laugh as He throws open a door I didn't expect! Indeed, He unbars doors so fast, I almost fall into the room beyond.

1 comments:

Bonita said...

This really speaks to me because Matthew 26:41 is one of the verses I studied in my quiet time this morning. Now, I think I'm getting a little nervous about that! haha