BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy Not-So-New Year.

In my first post on this blog, I was fourteen, convinced I wouldn't make it through high school if the work got any more burdensome, and awed by my brother's freedom to go and do. I couldn't drive, I'd never even been payed to babysit, and I'm so glad I didn't know in advance what all God had in store for me. I would've ran and hid, no doubt about it.

I sit here now, closer to sixteen than my parents would care to admit, and reflect on the past year or so. I've learned a lot of necessary lessons I wouldn't care to repeat. I've done a lot of things I was certain I could not do. I've missed my brother terribly and indeed I miss him already, even though we only dropped him back off at college a few days ago.

I can drive now. My mother chews gum to relieve stress when I drive, but I can drive.

I've applied for a job. What a long, interesting story that turned out to be. Nevertheless, I go in for a second interview next week.

Now I desire to sit quietly and let issues of my heart remain between my Heavenly Father and I. I want to learn His statutes because He is always faithful.

"The things we feel most deeply we ought to learn to be silent about, at least until we have talked them over thoroughly with God."
-Elizabeth Elliot, Passion and Purity

1 comments:

Bonita said...

Love that quote, almost sixteen year old. Excited for what your future holds.