BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, December 5, 2010

O.C.C.

One day I'm going to relearn how to sleep. For now though, I'm just going to write blog posts at 1:07 AM.

I've had two opportunities to volunteer at Operation Christmas Child this week. I'll skip the rundown on what it is. You can just click here and learn all about it.

I love it there. In fact, I've wanted to work there since I was about five. Last year, due to a series of unfortunate events in years past, was my first year to finally get to volunteer there.

Being at O.C.C. is like a breath of clean air. Joyful, hardworking people serving God creates an atmosphere of excitement and hope. If it were up to me, I would simply stay. I wouldn't leave when my shift was up. I would just stay in that place where I feel like I belong.

It's such a wonderful way to change a life. I can't travel all the places where these boxes go. I can't personally hand out boxes and share the gospel with people who have never heard it (though believe me, I would if I could). But, I can give up a few hours of my time to sort through some shoeboxes that will be a part of the life-changing process.

Plus, they make it easy. For the people who simply do not have time to pack a shoebox or volunteer, there is the Build-A-Box option. How cool is that? Just design a box online and they'll put it together for you.

One last thing. Working there has made me realize how very blessed I am. In my life, a shoebox is something that comes with a pair of stylish, new boots. In the lives of the recipients, a shoebox is hope, life, and an open door to salvation.

1 comments:

Bonita said...

100% with you!