BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 17, 2010

I'm Looking

I want so much to go on a mission trip next summer. I've always wanted to, but this past summer taught me the reality. It's tough to go and do and forget about yourself in a selfless endeavor to help others. But I also learned something else. If God tells you to do something you're certain you can't do, then you definitely can. You just need God's help to do it.

So, I'm looking. Honestly, there are way too many options when it comes to mission trips. I don't where to start. I want so much to have it settled that I'm going to a foreign country to spread the love of Christ. I want to have to rely on God for the funds necessary for a trip once again.

I kind of feel like I'm a about to run a race, but I can't find the starting line. Obviously, prayer is the right place to start in all situations; and I have been praying, but I don't think it wise to just sit around waiting for something to happen. I have to take a step at some point. God will provide a way. I just have to be willing to go forward.

So where do I go from here? I have absolutely no idea. . . at the moment. I'd love to hear of any mission trip opportunities you may know of.

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the Lord asking, “Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?” I said, “Here I am. Send me.”

1 comments:

Bonita said...

I do believe that OCC has a trip to Guatemala planned to hand out shoeboxes. Just a thought.