BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Life Lately

Alas it is time to update my blog. I really should do this more often but, well, I have no excuse.

Let's talk about school. I actually kind of might really like it right now. This year I'm taking Geometry, Anatomy and Physiology, Latin II, American Government, Art Appreciation, and British Literature. Math and Science have never been my thing but I've quite enjoyed them both so far.

I attend an art co-op on Thursday afternoons. I never used to like sketching but I really feel like I'm learning and I'm starting to realize that not every stroke has to be perfect. My self portrait looks nothing like me, but I can now draw a very convincing puppy. I can't wait until we start using charcoal next semester.

I found the Original Broadway Cast recording of The Lion King at the library. It. Is. Awesome. I also checked out the soundtrack for Walk The Line, starring Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon. I really like that the director insisted the actors record their own vocals rather than use the originals from the characters they played.



Oh, and I'm so close to getting my permit. I just need to do the driving portion of my Driver's Ed. I await the call of my instructor.

Something I think is absolutely inspiring is Psalm 18. You really should go read the whole thing, but here's an excerpt.

Psalm 18:25-28 NIV
To the faithful you show yourself faithful,
to the blameless you show yourself blameless,
to the pure you show yourself pure,
but to the crooked you show yourself shrewd.
You save the humble
but bring low those whose eyes are haughty.
You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning;
my God turns my darkness into light.

0 comments: