BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

(Awesome Title)

School has started back. I feel like this statement should be accompanied by loud groans and words of protest, but honestly, I'm happy about it. I don't particularly like academics, but I'm ready to enjoy a brand new school year.

It's been a long, exhausting summer where I was almost never home and I was happy for the chance to travel. But these past few weeks I've been thankful to just be home. I've been happy to have time to recover and rest.

Last week I had Driver's Ed. It required hard work and getting up at 5:45 in the morning, but it wasn't awful. Of course, if you ask me about it, I'll probably be able to come up with a long list of dislikes, but it really wasn't terrible.

My brother has been at college for just over two weeks. I'm not going to see him for another month. I miss him quite a bit. I keep expecting him to come home from work and sit and talk to me while we watch TV, but he doesn't come. I miss watching Trading Spouses with him while eating Sour Patch Kids.

I like having time to enjoy reading books again. It's a simple pleasure that I've missed greatly. I just read the first Harry Potter book and I'm eagerly awaiting the second one to come in at the library. Over time I've learned to really appreciate a well written book.

I'm utterly thankful to not be attending my usual co-op this year. I really feel like I heard from God when He stirred my heart to take a break from it. I'd been attending for the past four years and it was just time for a change. While I'll miss seeing my friends every Thursday, I won't miss the overabundance of homework.

Psalm 62:11 & 12 NIV
One thing God has spoken,
two things have I heard:
that you, O God, are strong,
and that you, O Lord, are loving.
Surely you will reward each person
according to what he has done.

2 comments:

Abigail Leigh said...

Hey, so we have every Harry Potter book. just letting you know.

Bonita said...

I'm happy to hear this.