BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Deus est Bonum

I've prayed the prayer of Jabez for years. You know, the dude whose name meant "pain" and yet God blessed him because Jabez wanted to be more honorable for Him. His prayer went like this.

1 Chronicles 4:10 NASB
Now Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying,
"Oh that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my border, and that Your hand might be with me,
and that You would keep me from harm that it may not pain me!"
And God granted him what he requested.

Jabez asked for quite a lot, but he knew God could handle it. He seemed to have a really strong grasp on who God is. He knew Him as his provider and protector.

This past week, I've had two people offer to pay for the remainder of my trip. I'm simply thankful and very much in awe of God. He is always faithful. I think I understand, now, how Jabez trusted God and knew He would provide.

1 comments:

Bonita said...

What fun it is to watch God bless your steps of faith!