BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Can A Week Change A Life? I Certainly Hope So.

This is the life I have dreamed of. This is what I’ve wanted. The past week in Texas has been the realization of a thought I try to keep close to the front of my mind. A thought that says, One day you’ll live completely sold out for God. Everything you do will revolve around his mercy and love. Everyone you meet will know by the shining joy you have, even in the hard times, that you are a child of the Living God.

I seriously just looked at my own pictures on Facebook and everything seemed surreal. The pictures of me and my life seemed colorless. I have spent this entire week being so filled up with God’s love that my entire existence up until now seems like a dream. I keep thinking, Did that really happen?

I’m just kind of oddly emotional right now. I’m still processing God’s goodness (knowing I’ll never fully understand it until I’m in His presence) and I don’t know how to comprehend anything else at the moment, but it’s a good place to be. I’ve just been vulnerable before God and He’s touched my heart so much that tears form just because I love Him. I love Him so much it hurts. I’m hungry for more of Him. I want more. I am burning, striving, yearning for more of my El Shaddai.

Now the real work begins. I must keep the flames burning and take my everyday, ordinary life and place it before God as an offering. I must rely on Him in the parts of my life that I’ve managed “without help” for as long as I can remember. I must place God in and above every part of my life.

Philippians 4:13 Amplified Bible
I have strength for all things in Christ who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].


God has something big planned. The bigness would terrify me if I didn’t know firsthand how weak I am. But since I do, I also know His strength in made perfect in weakness. I have no anxious ifs, ands, or buts; Just assurance that He will complete the work He's started in me until the day of Christ’s return.

--------

Psalm 63:5 MSG
It's time to shout praises! If I'm sleepless at midnight, I spend the hours in grateful reflection. Because you've always stood up for me, I'm free to run and play. I hold on to you for dear life, and you hold me steady as a post.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Trust and follow God through everything, it's one of the best guides ever!

I am new to your blog and following you. I would love if you stopped by my blog and followed me.

Blessings,
Maggie
www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading the report, too. It′s easy to understand that a journey like this is the biggest event in ones

life.