BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Every. Little. Thing. Must. Get. Done.

I'm in a detail frenzy. I'm gearing up for a a week of training, in Texas, for the convention I'm working at later this summer.

So many details must be handled. Is the luggage the right size for the airline? Is the shampoo in 3 oz. bottles? What shoes are you taking? They have to be lightweight and durable. When does your flight leave? Have you booked the flight for the second trip to Texas later in the summer? Do you have your phone charger? What time do you get home?

I just want a chance to take a deep breath and relax. I think I'll recap a little bit of the past week.

Monday: One of my best friends, Sarah, came to say goodbye before leaving for a month long mission trip to Romania.
I nearly cried when she left, but I can't wait to see what God does in her life while she's there.

Tuesday: I have no recollection of this day at all.

Wednesday: Sarah left for a week of training camp in Georgia. Mom and my brother, Dave, left for Georgia and his college orientation. I went to Charis's house for a few days.

Thursday and Friday: I watched History and American Lit. lectures with Charis since she's doing school throughout the summer. We found it funny and ironic that the History teacher was born in Japan, has a Canadian accent, and teaches American History. We also watched Toy Story 2.

Saturday: I babysat until mid afternoon. The nineteen month old little boy has learned to climb onto the coffee table. It was an adventure. Mom and Dave got home.

Sunday: The whole family just rested. I think.

Monday: The blackberries that grow near my house are ripe. Mom and I probably harvested about a quart. More will be ripe in a few days.

Tuesday: I obsessed about details and went shopping for various odds and ends, mom and I test packed my suitcase, and then I took and deep, slow breath and went to bed. . .Well, that's what I hope happens in a few minutes.

---------

Philippians 4:13 MSG

Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.

1 comments:

Bonita said...

I'm so proud of the way you've handled all these details. I know it's a trifle stressful, but you're doing a fantastic job and it will all be worth it when your feet hit Texas soil! XXOO