BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Crazy Love

Psalm 119: 113
I hate those who are undecided whether or not to obey you; but my choice is clear - I love your law.


I just finished reading a book called "Crazy Love". In the book, pastor Francis Chan breaks down the excuses of lukewarm Christianity. You know, the going to church on Sunday, serving God when it's convenient, doing good only when it doesn't cause you discomfort kind of life that has become the norm for American Christians.

Pastor Chan exposes that kind of living for the lie it is and makes the point that we are called to serve God, not just asked to serve him. This book opened my eyes and showed me that I must desire God above all else; That I must put God at the center of my life and see what he will do.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but the honest truth is that Christians have become complacent in their walk with God. They no longer desire a wholesome relationship with their Heavenly Father. All they want is comfort and safety. Serving God at the cost of persecution, no matter how great the reward in heaven might be, is just too much for them to handle.

I have fallen in love with God. Indeed, I wish I loved him more. I pray constantly that I would want to want God. I pray God will fill me with compassion and help me as I step outside my comfort zone and into his plan.

Psalm 119: 173 TLB
Stand ready to help me because I have chosen to follow your will.


I want to serve God because he loves me; because he cared enough about me to send his perfect and sinless son to atone for the wretched sins of this world. He would have done so if it was only me. If I were the only one who needed salvation, Christ still would've died for me.

Psalm 139: 17 & 18 TLB
How precious it is, Lord, to realize that you are thinking about me constantly! I can't even count how many times a day your thoughts turn towards me. And when I waken in the morning, you are still thinking of me!

0 comments: