BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Return of Plan A

I went a week without eye makeup. I learned how often I turn my attention to myself. I saw clearly some things that definitely need to change inside me. I also realized how much I want to spend my life in service to my Heavenly Father.

I decided to make some changes to help me refocus on God's plan. The next week, I went without Facebook. Going without Facebook isn't really a very hard thing for me. I mean, I've done it before, but I felt like it was what I needed to do. So, Sunday to Sunday I stayed away from Facebook and found other ways to spend my free time.

Because of this, I checked my email more often. On Monday, an email appeared in my inbox that has changed my entire plan for the summer. Remember that convention I applied for; the one I got a rejection letter from? Well, I got accepted! They had one extra spot and they picked me to be a part of the team.

One extra spot. Just one. And they picked the girl who knew she was supposed to be there even though she had never done it before.

I love seeing how God makes all things work together for my good. His plan is always better than mine. Even when I don't understand why he's asking me to do something or why things turn out the way they do. So right now, I'm basking in God's love and preparing my heart for a summer of children's ministry.

Here's an excerpt from the support letters I'm in the process of writing:

I am simply answering the call of a big God who likes to use His small children for great works. As I go throughout this summer, I know I will find that God is with me every step of the way. My heart’s desire is to impact this world for my Heavenly Father and I believe this is just a stepping stone into the plan He has for me. Even if you don’t feel called to contribute, I humbly ask that you would take a moment to pray for this trip and all of my teammates as we serve God together this summer.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts about this chance that I never expected to have. God is good.

------

Jeremiah 1:7-10 NLT
The Lord replied, “Don’t say, ‘I’m too young,’ for you must go wherever I send you and say whatever I tell you. And don’t be afraid of the people, for I will be with you and will protect you. I, the Lord, have spoken!” Then the Lord reached out and touched my mouth and said,“Look, I have put my words in your mouth! Today I appoint you to stand up against nations and kingdoms".

1 comments:

Gwyn said...

Oh, I love that verse:)
Good luck and God's blessings on you summer!!

~Gwyn