BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Feathers and Wings

My focus flew out the window like a bird who's been living in a cage after having known the freedom of the open skies. As soon as it found the opportunity, it was gone.

I have no idea how I'm going to get all of my school done this week. It's just so beautiful outside. I am working, but my attention is dulled by the fresh feeling of the earth coming alive. Spring is here.

I keep staring out the window and wanting to be out there. Even as I type this, my eyes stray toward all that lovely sunshine.

God is so good. I see him working in my life and in my family and friend's lives like I've never seen before. It's so reassuring, knowing God is working in me, giving me the desire and the power to do what pleases him. (Philippians 2:13 NLT)

I see a fresh start and a new beginning. So much is changing and, though it's an odd feeling, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I like the newness of where my life is going even if it is a bit scary at times.

God has a plan. And it's a good one. In fact, it's the best possible plan of action for my life there could ever be.

Freedom. The cage slipped easily from the mind as her wings carried her upon the wind. She was flying. Not even she knew quite where, but instinct led her along the right path.

the sun warmed the stiffness out of her long unused muscles. The limitless horizon lay before her and the wind pushed her forward. If birds have facial expressions, she was smiling.

1 comments:

Bonita said...

Love this! Can I join your flock?