BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 4, 2010

What Can I Say? God is Good

An excerpt from my bible study/random thought notebook:

God, there is peace to be had in knowing I can't do it alone. It's a relief to realize you want to take care of me. I am the sheep, you the Shepard. Sheep, sheep are dumb. They go blindly into trouble.

I"m exhausted God. I tried using my own strength again. I'm not broken, I just need rest. I'm frazzled to find I did one thing and forgot another. seemingly normal tasks overwhelm me as they pile up, waiting to be done.

I love you. I know you love me, so I'm coming boldly to the throne of grace. I openly admit my failure apart from you. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson by now, but here we are again. I'm ready to put the past behind me. I'm eager to show my love by service. Teach me your ways.


After writing this, I flipped back a page to something else I had written a few days before. I don't remember much about writing it, so I was shocked when I found this:

My Daughter, I have never doubted you for a second. I know what you are capable of. I created you didn't I? I love you with an unfailing love. I don't know how not to love you.

I know you are tired. Come rest with me. I know you are weak. Come rely on my strength.

My plan is great, but it is truly too much for you alone. Face it, you need me. Don't think for a second you can do this without me. I am God. I made the sun and stars. Humble yourself and you will lack no good thing. I will personally take care of you all the days of your life.

Indulgence is not worth the price of penance. Learn this well, for the world will contradict me. Instant gratification will make you lazy. Hard work will make you strong.