BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 8, 2010

Thankful

I feel uninspired today. I can't seem to get my brain to focus on what I should be doing. So I finally gave up. It hit me (as I was lying on my bed staring aimlessly at the wall because of my inability to concentrate) that maybe God has something different he wants me to do today.

I'm going to post something I've been meaning to do for a while. About two or three months ago, I started a thankful journal. I've been writing down little tidbits that made me smile, or things I felt God saying, or even how God turned my failures to success. Collossians 3:15 says to cultivate thankfulness, so every day I've been trying to find at least three things that made me happy or that I am grateful for.

Here's an abbreviated list of my favorites so far:

-I'm thankful for the freedom to express myself through writing.

-I'm thankful for the realization that God's grace is ever present and willing to untangle the briers and put me back on the path.

-My brother got accepted into and offered a great scholarship to the college he wants to go to.

-I'm thankful for the wholesome, vivid feeling of seeing life through God's reality.

-I'm thankful for God's patient commitment to changing my heart.

-Mom cried after watching a Hallmark movie.

-I'm thankful for hope that lives on forever.

-I worked out hard and didn't feel like I was going to die.

-I'm thankful God shows me the value of material things is nothing compared to life in him.

-God came through for me. Again.

-I'm thankful I can always renew my commitment to do my best.

-I'm awestruck at how God strings little pieces of my life together in a pattern that puts everything in a whole new light.

-I'm thankful God is willing to let the past remain in the past.

-I'm thankful my friends put up with all my quirks.

-My brain would not shut up. My ideas formed into a story.

-I'm thankful my earthly father follows the example of my Heavenly Father.

-I'm thankful to God, who created the sun and sent his son. Both are a light to this world.

-I'm excited to see what God will do.

-I'm thankful God brings to light the true desires of my heart.

-I'm thankful for the harmony created when the body of Christ works together.

-I wrote and wrote and wrote.

-I'm thankful for the peace of God, which is greater than I can understand.

-I'm thankful to be learning discipline.

-Peace consumed me because I let go of worry.

-I'm thankful for sunshine in winter. It's like hope in a crisis.

-I laughed at my effort to sing "Frosty the snowman" with my retainer in.

-I saw clearly my need to refocus on what is important.

-I wanted only to abandon my heart to Christ.

4 comments:

Sue J. said...

I love your thoughts here, Bre! Just wonderful. Your mom has been talking about journaling on her writing blog. This is a great example of what she's talking about. Who knows what this will inspire you to do, write, think, pray next!

Anonymous said...

This post got me started on adding a thankful portion to my own devotional journal. I'm not sure, but I think God led me to your blog; it has made me that much closer to Him. I am thankful for you, and your blog. Keep writing whatever God inspires you to!

Anonymous said...

I didn't understand the concluding part of your article, could you please explain it more?

Anonymous said...

Just want to say what a great blog you got here!
I've been around for quite a lot of time, but finally decided to show my appreciation of your work!

Thumbs up, and keep it going!

Cheers
Christian, iwspo.net