BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 22, 2010

Sarah

Too simple a name for so complex a person.
Sarah.
She makes me laugh.
Sarah.
She refuses to believe I'm younger than her.
Sarah.
She's made me immune to embarrassment.

I want you to meet a friend of mine. Sarah is one of my more recently acquired friends.

We met almost four months (October 28th to be exact) ago when Charis pretty much forced her to attend our youth group. The look on her face when she first arrived made it pretty evident that She DID NOT want to be there. You see, Sarah had suffered at the hands of another, rather cruel, youth group because of her quirky personality.

Sarah doesn't fit in, but that is something I absolutely adore about her. She makes it fun to be different. I love the conversations Charis, Sarah, and I have and the time we spend together cultivating friendship. I dare say Sarah doesn't regret that first visit to my -our- youth group.

Sarah is going to Romania. she will be spending a month this summer ministering to the people there. I would ask that you visit her blog and and lift her up in prayer as she serves God. I'm sure she would be jazzed (She says "jazzed" all the time) if you would do so. Also, I don't think she'd be at all opposed to a monetary donation if God lays it on your heart to do so.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I adore you.

God knew what he was doing when he sent the girl with the guarded heart of stone and ice with Charis that night. No lie. I really didn't want to be there. I almost called Charis at last minute and made up an excuse not to go. Little did she know that there were big things waiting there, one of them being you.

Dale said...

I love your blog so much that I've selected you for a Beautiful Blogger Award!

http://firefeet4him.blogspot.com/2010/02/beautiful-blogger-award.html