BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Live to Write. Write to Live.

There are times when I must write to live, but I must always live in order to write.

I'm am living now, inhaling the aromas of fall, seeing the beauty in dead leaves, and preparing my heart for God's plan.

I have always had a pattern with my writing. I tend to do a lot of living, to spend a lot of time surrounding myself with life. After a while though, I recede into my secret place to muse, ponder, and write. In these times I pour out what has filled me up. I cannot rest without spilling my heart on the pages.

It often takes me a while to realize when the well has run dry. I am always reluctant to step out of my haven and into the world again.

Forgive me if I am a little detached. I am enjoying living again. No doubt, I will return with much to say. For right now, though, I will focus on the pattern of wholesome teaching I am learning- A pattern shaped by the faith and love I have in Jesus Christ. (2 Timothy 1:13)

I doubt this blog will reach a complete moratorium (You have no idea how long it's taken me to work that word into a blog post.), but I will probably post less frequently for a while.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving. I hope it leaves you with heart and stomach full.

1 comments:

Bonita said...

I understand and I'm quite glad to be on the receiving end of your time of "living" away from blogging.