BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 23, 2009

God's Reality

If something isn't working, obviously something needs to change.

I've been in a sort of funk where I didn't realize I need a change. I've been just going along with life within a kind of hazy surreality.

I haven't known want to think or feel, yet I didn't object to it. I simply went along with it. I guess I thought it was normal to feel like life is a waking dream of constancy.

I've been asking, begging God for answers to different aspects of my life. Instead, he has given me new thoughts to think. He has challenged me to cement into my mind what I truly believe.

I don't know where my life is going. I don't even know what time I'm going to wake up in the morning. I do know God is calling me to a new life, a life where my passion for him is as vivid as a summer sunset over the ocean.

I am excited! I know the truth has set me free. I've recently been challenged to really meditate on what God's word says. When faced with the religious side of Christianity, a side that is about 95% in line with what I believe, I have been thrilled to find that I know what God's word says about the situation.

I could ramble on about religion. How, unless it's followed with a sincere heart and is in line with the word of God, It's merely a man made barrier separating me from God. But I really don't care. I'm just glad to feel alive again.

It seems like I must constantly ride this roller coaster of life; like it will never be easier and I must be wise and follow the right path. How can I fail, though? The Creator of the universe has made me His child. He will help me remain focused on the goal.

Philippians 3:12
I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

1 comments:

Bonita said...

I'm so glad that you know what you believe!