BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Redefining "Normal"

Here is an IM chat I had with my friend Charis. It really got me thinking about what "normal" really is.


8:26pmBre
there's a reason why highschool takes 4 years

8:27pmCharis
I just have anatomy, literature, history, geometry/trig, biology CLEP, and then essays

8:27pmBre

yeah

8:27pmCharis
So it's pretty much a normal load
but there's just A TON of homework for each

8:28pmBre
I personally think normal needs to be redefined

8:28pmCharis
Has normal even been defined?
THERE'S ANOTHER IDEA
for another thingy
defining normal

8:28pmBre
Haha a very good idea
write that down

8:28pmCharis

Why do we have to conform to normal when no one even knows what normal is?
I mean
people give us weird looks all the time for not being "normal"
BUT
they don't even know what normal IS
it's just what they think is pleasing
which is selfish
SHELLFISH I SAY!

8:29pmBre
haha

8:29pmCharis
end rant.

8:29pmBre
haha
well honestly
its very true

8:30pmCharis

No one really knows what normal or weird is
so why are the two words even in the dictionary?
for all we know

8:31pmBre
I have no idea

8:31pmCharis

weird COULD VERY WELL BE normal

8:31pmBre
Probably because someone wanted to feel better about themselves
haha

8:31pmCharis
so they wanted to be a stinkin robot copy of everyone else?
okay
if everyone else is trying to be like everyone else
who started it?
who were we really trying to be like?

8:32pmBre
very wise questions

8:32pmCharis
ouch. brain hurting.

8:32pmBre
I don't have wise answers

8:32pmCharis
EXACTLY
NO ONE DOES
not even the wise one
aka

8:32pmBre

but its definitely worth asking

8:32pmCharis

me
hehe

2 comments:

Cassandra Frear said...

It's my observation that the majority of women feel like they are "odd." They don't fit in.

But here's the thing: if most of us is odd, then odd is actually normal.

Charis Alexandra said...

But how do we know what "odd" is if we don't have a "normal" to go by?