BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 5, 2009

First things are usually at the beginning.

For some reason, firsts are always scary. The first time you rode a bike without training wheels, you probably thought you were going to die. After a few shaky minutes though, you felt like taking flight. The first time you were in a school play, dread made you feel like you would always be a nervous wreck. But, when you went out to take a bow, I'm sure you had never felt so elated. Your first speech, you know, the one where you looked at the page and read it word for word so you wouldn't have to make eye contact, was probably scary enough to make you try to fake a sudden illness. When the polite applause started over the pounding in your ears, you began to feel like maybe life really was worth living.

I have still have many firsts ahead of me. Driving, my first real job,and most of high school, just to name a few. Blogging is just another first, but its still kinda scary. I mean, I'm putting myself out there for the world to see. And so, here is my first blog post. I'm sitting here in my couchless living room, (we sold it, but that's another story.) in my own home and I still feel jittery excited about this new thing.

5 comments:

Bonita said...

I'm so glad you took this very brave step, a new first. You will be a blessing to so many and will be blessed in return.

P.S. I'll try to resist the urge to proofread!

Anonymous said...

Very good.I'm proud of you!
Dad

jess said...

Cool Bre-keep up the good work!!! Your cousin Jess

Anonymous said...

Great writing and nice photos...keep it going!
Aunt Liz

Anonymous said...

IM SO PROUD OF YOU, BRE!! GREAT WRITING AND GREAT PHOTOS!! I CANT WAIT TO READ YOUR STORY MORE OFTEN..LOVE AUNT SUE